Monday, August 6, 2012

Introducing...



A few things I have learnt over the past 4 weeks:
  • Going a week beyond due date was not comfortable and I do not wish it upon anybody!
  • Giving birth naturally is something I almost have no words for. I feel such an overwhelming  sense of achievement whenever I think about those 7 and a 1/2 hours.
  • I feel very lucky that labour passed quickly and without any complications or drugs - we did not plan this and still cannot believe I did it on my own.
  • Being a teacher to up to 18 primary school aged ESL students did NOT nearly prepare me for life with a newborn. Yes she is totally amazing, perfect and I am utterly smitten ...but boy it is hard work.
  • My confidence as a first time mummy is growing daily, and I couldn't be happier to put the emotional whirlwind that was the first fortnight behind me. 
  • Eve is one lucky little lady to have such a confident and fun daddy, and I am so grateful for his ability and willingness to parent our daughter as an 'equal' alongside me 
  • Watching Eve's content milk-drunk face and listening to her gurgling coos makes for the BEST kind of entertainment. Thank goodness we have a Magic TV box and we record all our fav shows, as we find ourself realising entire fave tv episodes have finished without us really having any idea what happened.
  • The love I have for our Evie Bear is undeniably the best type in the world!


She's stirring after her morning sleep, better go get her bottle ready.

7 comments:

  1. Awwww how lovely. Congratulations! What a gorgeous set of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both on the birth on your gorgeous little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh enjoy these precious early weeks! It does suck to go overdue but you forget about all of that discomfort the moment the baby arrives don't you? And congrats on your natural birth - there is nothing wrong with feeling pride in knowing what you and your body are capable of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so beautiful! Can't wait to meet her. Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Isn't it the bet thing ever? I'm so happy for you that you got to birth her the way you did, I totally know that feeling of pride in your body and sense of accomplishment. Now you know you can do anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cutee:)

    would love if you could follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Congratulations! I've been following for ages, but I've not been in the blog world for a while... well your bubba is adorable! I'm guessing she is your first?
    I happened to have your page open when I was typing a post about babies - I haven't done many because I share the blog with my non-mummy friend and its mostly op-shop vintage, art, etc. But I really want to do a top things I've learnt post. So it's underway! I really hope you have a look because there are some cool cool things like Dunstan Baby language - totally works- and I think you would well, "get" it!
    ALl the best
    Belinda from bybande

    ReplyDelete