Friday, November 19, 2010

recently



I will always love my vintage cotton reel collection, and one day intend on doing something spectacular like put them all stacked in columns in a deep photo frame. Just one of those things on my big long list of things to do before I am 30.


The Boy's special birthday tomatoes are growing bigger and bigger (he is looking after them well Ann). We are beginning to plan a little vegie garden, I feel so excited by the prospect of growing our own fresh vegetables (and fruit... shhh) that I have spent all my spare time at Bunnings, Mitre 10 and Stratco. All recent conversations seem to revolve around different types of vegetable beds (hay, corrugated iron sheets, sleepers...oh my!), garden sheds, paving and the best thing - to scale grid plans. Scale plans might be my new favourite thing to create ...i  love measuring the lengths, widths, areas and volume of spaces, and drawing everything up on its own perfectly scaled little paper land is fun (for the time being anyhow hehe). 


 


2 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of stacking all the vintage cotton reels in a deep photo frame, I might steal it if that's okay......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your vintage cotton spools too!

    ReplyDelete