Monday, June 14, 2010

Bits and pieces...

Finally school reports are finished (hooraaah!!) and I can get to finishing the rainbow crochet blanket and some dining chair bum warmers (will explain that later!).


The tiniest member of our house has the right idea on these frosty days. I love that she enjoys all the blankets and quilted loveliness I adorn our furniture with.


Another of great nana's salvaged paintings has gone up on our laundry wall. There is something rather delicious about paintings tainted with forests and autumn tones.


I have finished the stripy bit of the rainbow blanket and all those rotten loose ends are being woven in.

The colours and different wool plys together in a pile were too pretty not to take a photo of, or two, of ;)


And lastly, the weather has become ideal for fashioning these woolen 'gauntlets'<----silly word?! picked up in Tassie in January. It seems that anything with some cabling is divine in my eyes this Winter.

xx Stay warm!

1 comment:

  1. You've almost finished your rainbow blanket, how exciting! Can't wait to see it! I'm with you on cabling, love it!

    ReplyDelete