Thursday, May 13, 2010

Martha

Dear Nan, you may have left us last Thursday but I will always remember ...
 ...your fridge door covered in thousands of fridge magnets. Somehow you always knew if one had been slightly shifted by little curious hands.
 ... your affinity for caring for stray cats, kittens and your pet magpies. Dad always carried me inside your house as those sharp beaks loved my toes and ankles.
... your colourful, rude, crass, outrageous language. I will always be amazed at the plethora of swear words you managed to fit inside each and every sentence you spoke. Even up until 2 weeks ago mum and dad would tell me to stop encouraging you, I didn't stop for you truly enjoyed making us laugh.
-xXx-
ps: Until yesterday I didn't know you had such fabulously styled hair in the 50's.

7 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your loss. But wow what a gal she would have been in her hey days? She looked like a lovely lady! Remember the good times you had with her - this might help you get through this difficult time. Regards Gailx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tribute to your nan Tracey. She sounds like a fabulous woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post. Wasn't she quite the glamour! Lovely memories, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds as though your Nan will always be with you, Tracey. Happy memories, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your late Nan's vocab sounds a whole lot like mine my sweet - she was gorgeous hon, and vivacious & funny too by the sounds of it. ((big hugs))

    ReplyDelete