Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Place & Yours: What I am reading...

Yay! - Vic at Punky&Me is the new My Place & Yours meme owner. I am sure she'll do us proud. The first theme was chosen by Vic and is 'What I'm Reading".
.

I must admit that books and I, we don't exactly get along. I just don't find many books entertaining or interesting. To most of those beautiful looking books on the Borders Top 100 Shelving - you look so beautifully bound and I wish I enjoyed reading you but you don't seem to do anything for me. I do find the odd book which I love 'Tuesday's with Morrie', 'A Man Named Dave', 'The House of Spirits'... but sadly its rare.
.
So these are the things I have been reading. Nothing circa 1860. Nothing intellectual. Nothing sophisticated. Just piles of little words which inspire me to do stuff x
.
I have been reading.....this blog - New Dress a Day - is wonderful. Marissa posts a new dress which she has made, embellished or thifted for $1 a day.....for 365 days. Some of her 'nanna dress' revamps are incredible. Her blog has inspired me to something special with this $6 frumpster dress one day soon.

I have been also been reading..... crochet cowl patterns on Ravelry. I made one while in Tassie, it was flipping freezing in those mountains!!! I have my Adelaide Fringe Guide, but I have yet to have the time to read up on events -although my dad did take a feral green texta and excitedly squiggle around the Knitting Nancy exhibition I will be in!!!! We have a little blog over here if you are curious as to what woolen goodness we are busying ourselves with.

I have plans to read this Burda patten for a pretty dress within the next few weeks, at least before the summer disappears. Note: Being 6'2" does not mean you can easily find clothes to fit you in shops :P

And lastly - Inside Out magazine. I find it has nice furniture and usually the types of home decor I like. We are going to start drawing some plans for a TV corner unit for my clever dad to make for us! We do like the idea of selvaged wood panels on front of doors.

That's it! Do head over to Vic's place to see more meme participants, and perhaps play along yourself!

12 comments:

  1. gotta confess i'm not the avid reader i used to be either!..however, i do love reading blogs and it's always fun to discover new & inspiring ones like the one you mentioned..

    btw your knitting nancy exhibition sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic post Tracey - I LOVE everything you're reading!

    Can't wait to see what you do with the "frumpster" (...another new, great, word...?! Perhaps you could say it whateverishly...?!).

    Thanks for playing Sweets. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not read much but what you do read is very diverse! Inside out magazine looks interesting...wonder if I can get it here??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous post! LOVE what you're reading and yep Insideout is a fave too. See you next week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the new dress a day link. Such a great concept. Can't wait to see what you do with your lovely little number. The Knitting Nancy thing sounds very exciting, I'm off now to check out that blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could always look at it from this angle: the less books you read the more really cool stuff you get done otherwise! lol.
    and what you are reading is at least keeping those grey cells busy, yes?
    Right I'm off to look at New Dress a Day and The Knitting Nancy Exhibition. Thanks Tracey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. inside out is another of my faves, wow i must just seem like this magazine junkie lol.

    ps: about your comments on my blog about your blythe!! honestly if you have any questions or anything just ask me :) ive had my girls for nearly 2 years now, but be warned, one is never enough, the addiction just keeps growing :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my - that new dress a day site is a little addictive...I'm not sure if I should thank you or scold you for adding another blog to my reading list. I'll go with thank you, because the other option seems a bit over the top! And thank you for sharing your lovely story with the yellow house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your idea of the wood panelled cabinet - I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your blog - got some reading of my own to do to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love 'New Dress a Day' also. I’m really looking forward to seeing what you do with that frumpster dress!

    Those wood doors are a great idea. look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tracey, I have just come across your blog via Punky & Me. Although an avid book reader, if it's not a book, I'm often seen reading craft books. I'm off to sign on to your site as a Follower. Happy crafting, Jenny

    ReplyDelete