Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Who's that on TV!?

I arrived home from work tonight, picked some flowers for the kitchen window, tidied up the dining room a smidge and turned on the TV and.... who did I see? None other than Martha Stewart!

Hoo-flippin-ray. Finally Aussie TV gets their ass into gear!

I am a sucker for any DIY homemaker shows but have never been able to rationalise paying for Foxtel just to get the Lifestyle Channel. Finally Australian mainstream TV [new digital Channel 7-2] has decided to alleviate the pain for us thrifty-nesty-DIY-crafty-shmafty-bakin' types by giving us some Martha love. Every day from 5-6pm - ear to ear smiles over here!!!!!

Couldn't help but share this good news! How sad lol

10 comments:

  1. I know! I know! Martha! I was surprised and excited too.

    Not sad at all.

    Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww jealous, we don't get any of those channels in the country, only ABC, SBS a crap country GTS and southern cross 10, no smiles here :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh... I'm not home from work til 6 at latest... Work ALWAYS gets in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Thanks for the head up! I think I will kick the kids outside - either that or feed them. Whatever it takes to keep them quiet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thanks for the heads up, I know what I'll be doing at 5pm this afternoon! (Makes mental note to prepare dinner earlier so I can sit and watch).
    Cherry - I have three little letters for you: VCR. Or a Hard Drive Recorder, which I'm LOVING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I'm so glad you did (share that news) I never turn the tv on unless I already know there is something I want to watch on, and we don't get the paper and therefore the tv guide, and so I had NO IDEA. I am so telling the Mr to go out today and get me one of those set top boxes! thankyou thankyou thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe it..I'm very excited to hear this news...In a bid to save pennies we disconnected Lifestyle and I miss it so badly, this is very exciting news indeed! Tam xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's terrific, isn't it. I thought about blogging it, but then thought, no, maybe I'm odd to be so impressed - but you've done it and I SO agree. When I first saw the program it said 'Kitchen Time' so when I flicked over and it was Martha I was very impressed. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww I'm going to need to get myself one those fancy set top boxes real soon! :)

    ReplyDelete